Guidelines for COLLEGES - Clean Green Pakistan
Creation of governing body at institution
Constitute a Steering Committee for Clean Green Pakistan in each University (including Vice Chancellor, 2-3 Professors and President of Clean Green Scouts/ Champion at University).
Recruitment and Assigning Role of Clean Green Scouts/Champions
Recruit at least two volunteers from each class willing to work as Clean Green Scouts/ Champions (with equal gender distribution). Clean Green Scouts/ Champions shall be lead the coordination and serve as information sharing point between academic committee and their classmates for various relevant campaigns and activities.
Create a C&GPM fund in the colleges, to be used for activities run under Clean Green Scout/ Champion. The funding for C&GPM should be generated through private sector, students, fund raising events etc.
Develop a module on C&GPM concept, roles and responsibilities of green scouts, resource mobilization and social campaigning on task assigning approach.
Awards and Appreciation
Associate 2 credit hours of each degree with clean & green activity movement through tutorial periods. Participation in each of activity shall have 20 points while 100 points shall be equal to 1 credit hour.
College shall fill a Performa for annual progress around all five pillars of C&GPM and shall submit this to directorate of colleges who shall be submitting this through filling the dashboards created at MoCC through respective provincial governments.
WASH cell at MoCC in collaboration with HEC shall assign the annual ranking of the universities based on their performance for C&GPM. Ranking weightage shall include outputs of specific activities and research publication related to C&GMP.
- Participation in seed throwing campaign under local forest department.
- Annual tree plantation ceremony with the theme of planting one plant by one student in university area and nearby public places.
- Organize two annual awareness campaigns in sowing seasons, in which at least 100 banners/posters with the theme of tree plantation and green environment by the college shall be displayed at public places.
Solid Waste Management
- Organize two annual cleanliness weeks in local government identified areas.
- Disseminate at least 100 banners/posters with the theme of clean environment and segregation of solid waste.
- Mapping of unattended solid waste dumping areas for local municipal committee/ corporation in every alternative month.
- Introduce waste segregation and recycling of college solid wastes in the hostels and campuses. Discourage the use of unnecessary waste through promoting the use of recycling materials and products.
- Allocate and mark landfill site for college solid waste- contracting with local Government or private sector for effective utilization of recycled waste and arrangements for appropriate disposal of non-recyclable waste.
Liquid Waste Management & Hygiene
- Organize hand washing days with support of private sector in adjacent communities and schools.
- Discourage the use of open drains for toilets and waste drainage except for storm water.
- Disseminate septic tank designs and management related broachers to 1,000 households in adjacent community.
- Install wastewater treatment for college wastewater.
- Celebrate toilet days in high risk communities (identified by Local Governments).
- At least one annual publication on economic and viable models of septic tanks.
- Implement PATS approach for 500 open defecating households annually and generating evidence base research publications on PATS.
- Make all toilets and hand washing facilities functional in the colleges.
Safe Drinking Water
- Install water filtration system on all drinking water sources of colleges with safe drinking water quality as per water quality test.
- Celebrate water days in high risk communities (identified by Local Governments).
- Create awareness among the communities about water treatment options at household levels and water safety.
- Promote the judicious use of drinking water and discourage the unnecessary use of drinking water for car wash, street etc.